According to Sahar we all have creativity and the capacity to innovate within us. New products or new services are always rejected, so we need to develop persistence !
Sahar Hashemi has a great story to share as a keynote speaker. From a top-notch corporate lawyer who knew nothing about retail she became an entrepreneur who turned the Brits from tea lovers into coffee drinkers by creating 110 stores and £30m turnover business, which she exited in 2001.
She perfectly blends her experiences of building two famous brands – Coffee Republic and Skinny Candy – with the key ‘habits’ for innovation and creativity. In order to nurture an entrepreneurial mind-set in businesses at all levels, Sahar explains the need to impersonate your customers (‘step into your customers’ shoes’); avoid becoming set in your ways (‘the importance of being clueless’); be fully present at work (‘take 100% of yourself to work’); and implement a trial and error.
Sahar is also a bestselling author. Her first book ‘Anyone Can Do It- building Coffee Republic from our kitchen table’ is UK’s highest selling book on entrepreneurship after Richard Branson’s book and has been translated into 6 languages. Her latest book ‘Switched On’ published in May 2010 is based on her experience with innovation and employee engagement in large corporations and sets out 8 habits to infuse your organization with a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial attitude.
Various power lists including those compiled by the Daily Mail, Independent on Sunday and Management Today included her name:
- Young Global Leaderby the World Economic Forum in Davos
- Top 10 original thinkers by Director Magazine
- ‘Pioneer to the Life of the Nation’ by her Majesty The Queen
- 100 most influential women in Britain by Daily Mail, one of the 35 top women in British busines by Management Today and20 most powerful women in Britain by Independent on Sunday
- Top 5 in a Shell Livewire survey of inspirational role models
- Top 5 business speakers in Britain by Speakers for Business
- Appointed Officer of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 Birthday honours for services to the UK economy and to charity